Saturday, February 6, 2016




Clarsach and musician

Final Night in the British Museum

As part of my new British Museum membership, I was delighted to be able to attend a Members' Night on January 25. 
Strolling through the Great Court, there was a wonderful Scottish harpist playing a reproduction of a centuries-old harp. 

Stories of Lilith
In among the Greek marble goddesses was a talented storyteller spinning tales of Lilith. 

And best of all, right outside the exhibition, Celtic artifacts put right into my hands in a "Hands On" session! 

The Museum hosts these throughout the galleries, something truly astounding- objects in the collection that are sturdy and able to be handled are presented by museum staff for close up inspection by visitors.  
"hands on"!

I spent my final hour at the Museum in the Celts exhibit, in the blissfully calm, uncrowded galleries, closely examining some favorites. Even on this, my fifth trip through the show, it was still time to discover something new to savor and learn from. It was the perfect end to my week. It would be hard to imagine, in a week's time, being able to have seen and done more. 
I have been delighted to see the response and pledges come in over the past couple days. Many, many thanks to all of you who have joined in! I am looking forward to a busy time in the studio, thinking through all I have been witness to in this journey, and to getting to work on special sculptures for my supporters. As I post this, I am only $137 from the goal of $800. If you have a friend who might be interested, won't you pass this along? I'd be so appreciative. 
Thanks again! 
Laura T

    No comments:

    Post a Comment